These London & South Western Railway M7 0-4-4 tank locos were designed by Drummond, and built in two batches between 1897-1911. The Class eventually comprised 105 locos. The latter 50, originally classified X14, had longer fames with a noticeable overhang at the front end, and many of them were push-pull fitted. They were initially intended to haul express passenger trains, such as those between Exeter and Plymouth, but they were not well suited and were instead to be found On London suburban services. Electrification of such routes between the Wars saw many migrate to branch line operation all over the Southern Railway system, but they retained a foothold in London operating Waterloo empty stock trains to and from Clapham Junction. Apart from two that were scrapped pre-WW2, the majority of the Class survived into the the early 1960s.
These images of the M7 class are from our reserve collection and may not be fully restored. However, if you order a photograph or digital download it will be carefully checked, cleaned and adjusted as necessary before dispatch.